The retelling of Romeo and Juliet’s love affair comes alive in the form of an unusual pair.
Take the role of Mat, a rat finding his way back to his beloved Nat, in this action-adventure game now being developed by Mexican studio The Dreamerians.
In A Rat’s Quest: The Way Back Home, players will experience various gameplay perspectives between 3D platforming, side-scrolling, and top-down.
Check out the trailer and details below:
“A Rat’s Quest – The Way Back Home” is Romeo and Juliet with a rat and a mouse. Mat, the Hero of the game is trying to find a way to his beloved Nat, a cute mouse kept as a pet. Together, they plan to escape to the outside. But his journey is full of dangers, one is – of course – “THE CLAW” …
In the role of a rat, you will encounter a giant’s world from the perspective of a very small hero. For you and me, it’s just opening a door. For a rat, it’s an adventure! Play hide and squeak with fearsome creatures and slash them with your shiny rivet or ‘fend them off with your sturdy button!
A Rat’s Quest is an action-adventure by Mexican studio The Dreamerians and will be published by HandyGames. It’s currently in development for Nintendo Switch™.
- Moving Story: Experience a story about love, friendship and keeping promises in three acts.
- Rat Mode: Climb, jump, crawl, slither and sneak like a rodent.
- Hybrid Gameplay: Experience the narrowness in walls and under the floor by a switching perspective between 3D platforming, side-scrolling and top-down.
- Full Immersion: Compasses are for humans. Make your own path! No mini-map, no waypoints… just your rodent survival instincts.
- Tough as Nails: No armor, no ordinance drops. Use the world and your wits to overcome overwhelming danger.
- A Rat’s Evolution: Gather gadgets and “add-ons” to survive the way back home…
- Quests and Choices: Try different approaches when solving riddles and quests.