Developer BerserkBoy Games have announced a retro-inspired action-platformer called Berserk Boy for Switch.
As explained by studio founder Zu Ehtisham, Berserk Boy takes heavy inspiration from major names in the platform genre such as Mega Man, Sonic, Pulseman and Gunvolt. These inspirations can best be seen in the initial announcement trailer, from the aesthetics, gameplay, power-ups, and more.
The game is planned to launch in Q4 2022 for Switch and other platforms, and the announcement trailer can be found below along with additional details:
Coming – Q4 2022.
Berserk Boy is a vibrant, retro-inspired 2D action platformer that lets you… GO BERSERK! Change into different forms and use the power of Lightning, Fire, Earth, Air, and Ice as you race through stylish stages in a heroic battle to save the planet from the evil Dr. Genos! Key features
- Change into different Berserk forms: Merge with the five Berserk Force Orbs – Lightning, Fire, Earth, Air, and Ice – and absorb their unique abilities!
- Go Berserk! Chain together combos to fill your Berserk Meter and trigger a form’s special attack! Upgrade and become even more powerful!
- Explore New Hope City and beyond: Jump, dash, slam, and slide through multiple sprawling stages! Find alternate paths and hidden collectibles!
- A modern adventure with a retro feel: Slick and stylish platforming action inspired by a love for the genre greats! Play for big scores and fast times!
- Music by Sonic Mania composer Tee Lopes: Full original soundtrack pumping with high-energy 16-bit nostalgia! Enjoy the beats as you Go Berserk!
What do you think? Let us know in the comments.