Ahead of its release tomorrow in Japan, Atlus has revealed a set of streaming restrictions for Persona 5 Scramble: The Phantom Strikers.
The restrictions Atlus has released are quite similar to the ones they put in place when the original Persona 5 was released, and are generally in place to minimize spoilers so everyone can enjoy the game fresh. The restrictions can be found in Japanese on the official Persona website, but the key points can be found translated into English below (via Siliconera):
- Screenshots and Videos can only be uploaded using the sharing features of the Switch (or PS4)
- Players are not allowed to upload screenshots and videos using their own personal capture cards.
- All story-related cutscenes must be clearly marked as Spoilers in descriptions or Tweets, and must include “©ATLUS ©SEGA/ ©KOEI TECMO GAMES All rights reserved.”. This will be added for players if they use the Switch/PS4 sharing functions.
- Please do not use the gameplay footage for any other purposes other than showing gameplay.
- Please do not only upload the BGM/music data, or use gameplay footage for the main purpose of listening to the music.
- Uploading gameplay to sites that require subscription services or payment to browse will be counted as using gameplay for monetary purposes. (Excluding NicoNico Premium)
- Do not use the gameplay footage to slander other people.
- No matter the reason, if Atlus requests you to remove the video, please remove the video. Videos that Atlus deem are unacceptable will be deleted or taken off from viewing. Furthermore, queries into this matter may or may not be answered by Atlus, so please understand.
- If the streaming or uploading of gameplay leads to monetary loss, Atlus does not hold any responsibility, nor will they pay any monetary compensation.
- Players are not allowed to share anything about the game’s endgame or anything afterwards.
Persona 5 Scramble: The Phantom Strikers will release on February 20 2020 for Switch in Japan.
What do you think? Let us know in the comments.
[UPDATE]: An additional restriction was missed out in the original version of this post. This is the restriction on sharing parts of the game’s endgame, which is now included above.