Bandai Namco and ILCA have announced they will be merging to form a new studio named Bandai Namco Aces.
For those who may not be aware, ILCA was formerly a CG-based video production company that went on to support development for many famous games such as NieR: Automata, Dragon Quest XI, and most recently, Pokemon Brilliant Diamond And Shining Pearl.
This new merger sees ILCA owning 49% of the new studio, while Bandai Namco owns the other 51%. ILCA’s CEO Takuya Iwasaki will be the new CEO and President of Bandai Namco Aces, with Bandai Namco’s Kazutoki Kono (director of Ace Combat) will assume the role of Vice President.
At the time of this writing, it is not known what projects this new studio has planned, although their new official website states that they will “continue to deliver high-quality content,” moving forward. Stay tuned for more info as it comes.
What do you think? Let us know in the comments.