505 Games has given the latest update on the status of the performance patches planned to roll out for the Switch version of Bloodstained: Ritual Of The Night.
As it seems, the fixes are still being tested and some bugs have reemerged which further delays the submission date to Nintendo. The team now expects to release the promised patch by mid-July.
With regards to the paid “Iga’s Back Pack” DLC, previously a “backer exclusive” content, 505 Games confirmed that it has already been approved by Nintendo and is expected to roll out soon.
Read on below for the full details:
Nintendo Switch (Status—fix being tested)
- The fix is currently in test, the submission date we were working toward has been delayed due to a graphical bug that has reemerged.
- We anticipate testing will be completed by next week, which would mean an ETA of public release during the week of July 15, 2019.
- Map close button has been remapped to standard exit/close button
- Marker button has been changed
- Trail display button has been changed
- Map scroll speed improved
- Zoom in and zoom out improved
- Zoom level retained when reopening the map
- Auto-center when opening the map
- Bug fix: No longer displaying enemies for completed quests
Fixed items getting stuck on walls/geometry
- The functionality of waiting until the item is collected automatically has been left in, in case the issue persists.
- HD Rumble issues in certain areas of the game have been fixed
- Enabled Traditional Chinese language option
- Fixed instances where the game would crash while transitioning between rooms
- Work has been done on the technical “non-visible” side of things to improve input delay, stability, and various optimizations. The teams are continuing to work on these items and we’ll have future updates and plans to share soon.
“Iga’s Back Pack” DLC
Nintendo Switch (Status—DLC approved, release imminent)
- The DLC has been approved by Nintendo, we’re just taking the final steps to make it go live.
A quick clarification on Backer IDs: Please note that the Backer ID system will not work if you backed at the $28 or $60 tier, because those did not include the Credit Clan reward. The Backer ID/credits system only works if you backed at an eligible $100+ tier. If you do have your name in the credits and are having trouble finding your backer ID, you can find more information in the previous update.
That’s it for now, as always please keep your feedback coming, we’re all dedicated to Bloodstained for the (very) long term, and the teams at WayForward, ArtPlay and the production teams at 505 are making incredible progress. They’re literally working together like some sort of inspirational Star Trek crew, no joke, it’s pretty amazing.