Fans of Mechs, airships, and turn-based RPGs may not want to skip out on this beautiful Kickstarter project.
Chained Echoes is currently in the midst of its crowdfunding campaign, which also features a Switch stretch goal. At the time of writing, backers have raised around €37,000 of the project’s required €60,000 goal – about halfway to the Switch stretch goal of €80,000.
According to its campaign page, the 2D adventure RPG follows several travelers seeking to end a continent-wide war. Players can expect to spend hours digging through sunken cities, sewers, and secret areas alike.
Check out a trailer below for a deeper preview of this exciting project’s gameplay in action.
- 20-25 hours of play time
- Fast paced turn-based battles
- No random encounters; enemies can be seen running around
- Tons of items to be looted, stolen or crafted
- Complex skill and equipment system
- Customize your own airship
- Travel and fight by foot or in your Mech
- 16-bit SNES style graphics
- Music inspired by PSX RPGs
If you’re keen on supporting a possible Switch port of Chained Echoes, you can head on to its Kickstarter page over here.