Need to get your strategy fix on Nintendo Switch? A huge epic will soon be landing in your hands in just two weeks!
Publisher Plug In Digital and Developer Cardboard Utopia have confirmed that Children Of Zodiarcs will be hitting Nintendo Switch on 27 March 2020. The title combines deck-building, dice rolls, and grid-based movement into one large adventure – which sees a small of thieves facing assault from all sides!
Red Art Games also confirmed that they would be handling physical pre-orders for the game, which open starting today over here. Only 2,800 copies of the standard edition will be available, at €34.99 each.
Here’s a previous trailer below, along with a quick synopsis:
Infiltrating the chambers of a decadent noble, Nahmi and her fellow thieves intend to steal a priceless relic. But what awaits them is more than anyone bargained for.
Relentlessly pursued by city guards heavily armed with deadly Zodiarc weapons, they are forced to make a desperate escape through gilded palace chambers, sun-drenched slums and dank underground catacombs. As they battle rival bandit gangs and even a clan of subterranean cannibals, it becomes clear that they have only each other to depend on. To emerge victorious, they will need to trust one another and use everything at their disposal, making choices that no one should have to make.
Can a motley crew of outsiders survive this vicious world without sacrificing their own humanity?
- Combat Cards – Each of your party members’ attacks & abilities are bound to combat cards. Drawing different cards during battle provides you with ever changing combat possibilities every time you fight!
- Empower Cards through Dice – Once you’ve chosen your attack, physics based dice allow you to roll for bonuses! Favoring symbols over numbers, these dice deliver attack, defense, healing, and special ability modifiers.
- Influencing Lady Luck – To add yet more layers of stratagem to Children of Zodiarcs, you can craft dice to favor your play style, and re-roll up to two dice every time you throw. You need not fear being at Lady Luck’s mercy!
- A World Full of Characters – Along the way you’ll come to learn about Nahmi – stolen from her homeland as a child, Brice—forced to survive on the mean streets of Torus; Zirchhoff—a charismatic bandit leader who employs young orphans to do his bidding: as well as many more mischief makers.
- Building Decks – Each playable character comes with their own customizable deck. This allows you to tailor their skillset to the types of attacks and abilities you want to have in your hand during the heat of combat.
- A Fully Orchestrated Score – Children of Zodiarcs’ music captures the feel of tactical RPG classics with its fully orchestrated soundtrack composed by the award winning team at Vibe Avenue.