Square Enix has shared some new information about Chocobo GP, their upcoming racing game spin-off of Final Fantasy.
The news comes via the company’s Tokyo Game Show 2021 panel, where game director Akihiko Maeda revealed more details about Chocobo GP’s gameplay and roster. You can check out a summary of the key info below, via Siliconera:
- The game will include at least 20 characters, although it is not known how many will be available at launch.
- Players will be able to pick up and use iconic spells from the series, including Aero, Fira, Doom, and even MBarrier
- Players will be able to level up their magic, as well as use character specific abilities.
- When players use these spells, a special marker will appear above their heads, this gives nearby players a heads-up to get out of the way or counter them with a well-timed MBarrier.
- A submitted question asked Maeda about the possibility of future DLC maps and characters if Chocobo GP performs well. He stated that it was “a good question” but did not answer.
If you’re interested in checking the presentation out for yourself, you can find a link to it below:
What do you think? Let us know in the comments.