Publisher FuRyu and developer Gemdrops have officially announced that Crystar is coming to Switch.
The action role-playing game is set to launch on February 24th 2022 for Switch in Japan, and will include 30 pieces of DLC previously released for the PC and PS4 versions of the game. At the time of this writing, it is not known whether the Switch version will be released outside of Japan.
The Switch trailer and for the game can be found below, along with an English overview via Spike Chunsoft:
About the Game
For when I weep, then I am strong.
A girl named Rei and Mirai, her little sister, are dragged into the afterworld of Purgatory. To save her sister, Rei signs a contract with the Demons of Purgatory to fight the monsters infesting their world. Rei and her fellow Executors must face their pasts and confront their tears to overcome the Torments and monsters ahead of them. Will Rei save her sister’s Soul before it’s too late?
About the character designers, Riuichi and ntny
- Riuichi – Character designer based in Japan. He specializes in goth-aesthetic themed characters. His CRYSTARcharacter design progress can be seen in this video clip!
- ntny – Character designer and 3D model creator. ntny has worked on multiple famous titles before CRYSTAR.
- Fight through Your Tears in This Action RPG – Combat the Souls of the dead as you explore the afterworld of Purgatory. Play as four different characters and unlock their memories to learn the truth behind their stories and secrets.
- Power through Grief – The battle system includes an otherworldly being who fights alongside you. Gather your grief and endure Torments to summon your Guardian!
- Tears Give You Strength – Crying will help you take down monsters and empower your equipment. In CRYSTAR, tears aren’t a sign of weakness, they are a sign of strength.
What do you think? Let us know in the comments.