Developer Moonlight games has launched a Kickstarter for their 16-bit dark fantasy action-adventure game Hunt The Night.
Hunt The Night is a retro-style action adventure game inspired by the likes of Dark Souls and Bloodborne. Explore a vast and devastated world as a member of “The Stalkers”, solving puzzles, avoiding traps, and facing off against the terrible creatures that stalk the darkness. The game promises to be difficult, but rewarding, with an emphasis on intense and unique boss battles.
Check out the Kickstarter trailer below, along with some additional details about the game’s features:
- A huge dark world to explore in a combination of action-adventure games and dark fantasy lore!
- Play as Vesper, the main character, and her darkness counterpart, Umbra, simultaneously.
- Explore all kinds of locations, from ancient cathedrals, huge libraries of knowledge and lost kingdoms, to moving trains and floating cities.
- Customize the upgrades of your weapons and equip the armour that best suits your gameplay: critical damage, life steal, poison, close combat, firepower, etc.
- Survive to huge dungeons full of traps, enemies, puzzles and challenges.
- More than 12 challenging Bosses with multiple and innovative mechanics along with intense combats with several phases.
- Immersive and adapted music to every moment, boss and location. With the collaboration of Hiroki Kikuta, Secret of Mana composer.
- Combination of both traditional 2D animations with 3D effects.
- Script of more than 200 pages for a story of overcoming, balance and redemption.
What do you think? Let us know in the comments below.