Red Hook Studios has announced a new DLC for their stress-inducing dungeon crawler Darkest Dungeon.
The new DLC is called “The Butcher’s Circus”, and will add a multiplayer mode along with a variety of other features. According to a post on Twitter, it is set to release in May 2020 for the PC. Currently, there is no word for when it will launch on Switch.
We weren't joking – The Butcher's Circus is coming in May!
Play intense PVP arena battles against your friends and enemies alike. Pick your party & loadout, and let the games begin!
— Darkest Dungeon (@DarkestDungeon) April 2, 2020
Check out the full details below, as published on the game’s Steam Page:
The Hamlet may have fallen on hard times, but the creak of wagons and blare of abused trumpets signals a change in fortune for the bold and meek alike: the Circus is in town!
A weathered and bloodstained pavilion tent beckons, the Twins flank the flap, and a rheumy-eyed Barker announces:
“The Butcher demands a show!”
“Buy the ticket, take the ride.”
― Hunter S. Thompson
- New Hamlet Location: The Butcher’s Circus
- Engage in no-holds-barred PvP combat with teams of 4 heroes (without risking your Campaign heroes)
- Climb the ranks to show off your command of heroes and ability to weather misfortune and violence
- Unlock banner components and use your creativity to assemble your own duelist heraldry
- Strategize with new gladiatorial trinkets that can mean all the difference in pitched battles against other heroes
- A gleefully warped musical theme by Stuart Chatwood, Narrator quips by the esteemed Wayne June, and all new gripping sound FX by Power Up Audio
What do you think? Let us know in the comments.