A 1994 classic is about to get its second wind on modern consoles.
Descendant Games just announced a reboot of Descent for major platforms. For now, the game is targeting an ‘early 2019’ release on Nintendo Switch.
Check out the teaser trailer and some artwork below.
Descent is reborn! Blast into classic six-degrees-of-freedom action-reimagined for a new generation using Unreal Engine 4!
Earth starves- resources dwindle, governments fall, and the last shreds of human civilization now belong to ruthless megacorporations. Mankind’s survival depends on water and minerals from deep space. Brave pilots fight deep within asteroids- their triumphs and tragedies broadcast back to Earth as entertainment… and a way to distract the teeming masses from the grumbling of their empty bellies.
Fly your way in 20 different ships with distinct roles and play styles. Customize them with noses, wings, skins, paint jobs, and a forest of tech tree upgrades. Deep dive into Descent‘s immersive single-player campaign or prove yourself in a variety of pulse-pounding multiplayer modes.
Prepare for Descent.
- The Legendary Series Returns – Descent returns! Journey back into the mines with the rebooted 90s classic, fully reimagined in the Unreal 4 engine for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch and PC.
- True Freedom – Experience 6-degrees-of-freedom as you explore twisting mazes and cavernous maps. Move, hide, and attack in every direction.
- Customizable Class-Based Combat – Pick your class, customize your ship, dominate the match. Choose from over 4 classes, 20 ships, and kit them out with nose, wing, skin, and other upgrades.
- Hand-Crafted Campaign – Deep dive through an immersive single-player campaign featuring over 15 missions of puzzles, side-quests, special rewards and epic boss battles.
- Built for Multiplayer – Prove yourself in our cutting edge multiplayer experience that features 4 pulse pounding modes from free-for-all to co-op.