Earlier this year, publisher Justdan International and developer Wanin Games unveiled that Dusk Diver 2 was in the works for Nintendo Switch. While details have been sparse since then, we’ve finally learnt just a little bit more about the title!
According to retail listings at 7-Net Online Shopping, Biccamera, and Rakuten Books, the sequel will be launching on 24 February 2022 in Japan. In addition to this, the listings give us a first peek at the game’s cover artwork (as seen below)
One year ago, Yang Yumo solved the Youshanding incident that struck the city of Ximending, and restored balance to the dimensions.
She is now in college and seems to be leading a peaceful everyday life while working hard at her part-time job, but the Youshanding incident left a deep scar that is still eating away at her body.
Then one day, she receives a report that a Chaos Beast has appeared in Youshanding. And so Yumo takes to the battlefield once again.
- From Ximending to Taipei City – With a deeper and grander-scale story, the setting moves from Ximending to Taipei City.
- Multiple Playable Characters – Your non-playable allies from the original Dusk Diver are now playable via Dusk Diver 2‘s new partner swap system. The play style also changes to match each character’s performance.
- Real-Life Taipei Store Collaborations – Real-world stores will appear in the game once again. Enter these stores to purchase special items.
- Combo and Break Strike – Activate a “Break Strike” by comboing enemies into the “Break” state. Massive damage and skill scenes heighten the exhilaration.
- Deeper Sub-Quests – With more sub-quests available than the original Dusk Diver, the story dives deeper into the characters.
We’ll report back as we hear more in the future. Stay tuned!