Publisher Pineapple Works and developer Infamous Rabbit have announced Oddventure, a quirky turn-based RPG with plans to launch on Nintendo Switch.
Inspired by the likes of Earthbound and Undertale, Oddventure has players in the role of a young girl named Charlie who finds herself trapped in the strange Kingdom Of Luxia alongside her younger brother Bonzo. It is planned to release on Switch in Q3 2022, and will be launching a Kickstarter for funding on May 6th.
Check out the trailer below:
Oddventure is a JRPG where you play as Charlie—a nihilistic and rebellious teenage girl with anger issues and social awkwardness. Your search for troublesome younger brother Bonzo is also looking for a way back home. The setting for Charlie’s misadventures is the Kingdom of Luxia, a land taken straight out of original Grimm Brothers’ fairy tales with a dark, Nietzschean twist.
- Meaningful choices – EVERY decision matters, sometimes in the most unpredictable ways.
- The friendly JRPG where nobody has to die… but can. In a horrible way.
- Countless hidden secrets reference to pop culture and fairy tales.
- Bitter-sweet comedy mixed with some coziness and dark humor.
- Frog milk as a currency.
- A life-changing gaming experience.
What do you think? Let us know in the comments.