Ever pondered about the increasingly automated robot apocalypse? This new title from publisher Wired Productions and developers Wolf & Wood and Oiffy will be taking Nintendo fans through such a world in the future!
The companies have announced The Last Worker – a new first-person narrative adventure game heading to Switch, PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X/S, Switch, PC, and Oculus in 2022. The title will see players immersed in hours of narrative in an environment the size of the sunken city of Manhattan, as they navigate humanity’s struggle against automation.
Check out a new teaser trailer below, along with a brief synopsis:
The Last Worker is a first-person narrative adventure centered around our struggle in an increasingly automated world. Combining a hand crafted art style with uniquely immersive gameplay mechanics in an epic setting, The Last Worker delivers an emotional, thought provoking and comedic story packaged with rich characters performed by an all-star cast.
- A collaboration between writer / director Jorg Tittel (The White King, Ricky Rouse Has a Gun) and virtual reality pioneers Wolf & Wood (A Chair in a Room: Greenwater, The Exorcist: Legion, Hotel R’n’R).
- Hand-painted 3D art based on concepts by comics legend Mick McMahon (Judge Dredd, 2000 AD).
- Hours of narrative, immersive gameplay in an environment the size of the sunken city of Manhattan.
- A unique blend of core gameplay mechanics seamlessly interwoven into a narrative game unlike any other.
- Rich characters performed by an all-star cast in a story filled with heartfelt drama, biting satire and intense action.