Nintendo has announced the first details for the full fledged Nintendo Switch eShop for Hong Kong and South Korea.
Previously, users in both regions could only purchase download codes via a web browser store and redeem them on the Nintendo eShop. Now with the introduction of a full fledged Nintendo eShop on December 17, 2019, they could purchase and download games directly on their Nintendo Switch.
The full fledged Nintendo eShop will provide the following features in both regions:
- Ability to top up funds with a credit card or prepaid card
- Ability to download games and demos directly on the Switch
- Ability to earn My Nintendo Gold Points and use them for eShop purchases. 5% of the value is rewarded for digital purchases, while 1% of the value is rewarded for physical purchases
- Automatically renew Nintendo Switch Online subscriptions
- “Increasing number” of downloadable software available on the eShop
What do you think? Let us know in the comments.