Looking for more roguelite shooter action to bolster your Switch library? Keep a look out for this bombastic experience heading your way in just over a month!
Awesome Games Studio has confirmed that Fury Unleashed will be hitting Nintendo Switch on 8 May 2020. Following in the vein of epic classics like Metal Slug, the game sees players thrashing cosmic horrors with nothing but guns akimbo!
Check out the Switch announcement trailer below:
Fury Unleashed is coming to Nintendo Switch, Playstation 4, Xbox One and graduating from Steam Early Access on May 8! Free demo versions are available today on Steam, Xbox One, and European digital stores of Playstation 4 and Nintendo Switch. The American Playstation 4 demo version is coming on March 31, and the American Switch demo version is coming on April 9.
Fury Unleashed is a combo-driven roguelite action platformer – each kill you make increases your combo. Hit certain thresholds and your damage resistance and healing powers will kick in! It’s a game you can even beat in one ultimate combo. Are you up for the task?
ABOUT FURY UNLEASHED
Fury Unleashed was created by combining inspiration from modern roguelite platformers (like Dead Cells and Rogue Legacy) with nostalgic memories of old-school platformers (like Contra and Metal Slug). We have spent five years polishing our creation to make sure that your experience with the game will be as memorable as the aforementioned titles and we wholeheartedly believe that you won’t be disappointed.
- Ever-changing comic book – Explore the pages of a living comic book where ink is your most valuable resource and each room is a comic panel.
- Find out why John Kowalsky, creator of acclaimed Fury Unleashed series, is having a creativity crisis and see if you can help him deal with it.
- Gameplay-impacting combo system – Kill enemies quickly enough to unleash your fury and rip through everything in your way without getting injured. Learn to play flawlessly and beat the entire game in one epic combo!
- Game customization options – Choose either the challenging Hard mode (which will put your skills to the test) or Easy mode (where you can adjust the difficulty parameters any way you want). Beat Hard mode to unlock access to even harder Incredible and Legendary modes. Disable blood and gore if you don’t like it, or if there are young children around. Go solo or bring in a friend for a local co-op session. Choose your hero’s skills to match your playstyle and modify their appearance to your liking!
- Roguelite with soft permadeath – Discover worlds created by a mix of hand-designed levels and procedural generation algorithms. Choose the best items to assist you in your playthrough and unlock permanent upgrades when you die for your subsequent runs.
- Inspiring environments – Play through the pages of visually distinctive comic books and dive into the creator’s sketchbook. Master each enemy’s behavior patterns and overcome a total of 40 bosses. All that accompanied by an epic soundtrack composed by Adam Skorupa and Krzysztof Wierzynkiewicz, the creators of music for The Witcher, Bulletstorm and Shadow Warrior.