A brand new dungeon-crawling action RPG adventure is bound for the Nintendo Switch this fall!
Asmodee Digital has revealed that Munchkin: Quacked Quest, a video game based on the award-winning card game Munchkin, is coming this Fall 2019 on the hybrid platform.
Players can play in solo or team up with up to four friends, and betray them later, to experience a unique twist in dungeon-crawling. There will be four races and four classes to choose from, and will feature more than 20 weapons to take down enemies and even your friends.
Here’s the trailer:
Asmodee Digital, a leader in video game entertainment inspired by board games, is proud to announce that Munchkin: Quacked Quest will be released on Nintendo Switch in Autumn 2019.
The teaser trailer captures the essence of Munchkin: Quacked Quest, through its unique take on dungeon-crawling. Go down into the dungeon, kill everything you meet, backstab your friends and steal their stuff, and grab the treasure and run! But don’t forget the ducks…
The digital game is based on Munchkin, the award-winning card game designed by Steve Jackson. The winner of the 2001 Origins Award for Best Traditional Card Game, Munchkin: Quacked Quest captures the essence of the dungeon experience, but with none of that stupid roleplaying stuff. You compete to kill monsters and grab magic items, and what magic items they are! Don the Horny Helmet and the Boots of Butt-Kicking. Wield the Staff of Napalm, or maybe the Chainsaw of Bloody Dismemberment. You may start by slaughtering the Potted Plant and the Drooling Slime, and work your way up to the Plutonium Dragon.
Illustrated by John Kovalic and featuring fast-playing and silly gameplay, Munchkin can reduce any roleplaying group to hysteria. And while they’re laughing, you can steal their stuff.
Munchkin: Quacked Quest is the first video game based on the hit card game universe designed by Steve Jackson, loaded with:
Humor: the narrator breaks the fourth wall by commenting on the actions of the players; the silly items, weapons and enemies in the game; and the unique objectives (such as the Golden Duck win).
Pop culture references: mixing entertainment with RPG parody.
Cooperate (now) to better betray (later): players need to constantly keep an eye on their friends, as backstabbing your comrades is an efficient road to victory.
Each of the four classes (warrior, thief, cleric and wizard) and four races (orc, elf, dwarf and halfling) offer unique abilities to master and trigger at the right moment to gain an advantage over your opponents. The mix between accessible, yet rich, gameplay and a leveling race offers intense & skill-based brawling action.
- Play solo or with up to four players in couch mode and adventure through deadly dungeons where enemies lurk. Be careful, sometimes the most dangerous enemy is sitting right next to you…
- Be the fastest, the most cunning, or the most effective at accomplishing the crazy objectives of each dungeon, capture ducks, slay monsters, defeat bosses, while throwing your friends / fes into pits and smashing furniture… everything you wish you could have done at your cousin’s wedding.
- Four races and four classes available: become a fashionable Orc Priest, a grumpy Dwarf Wizard, or dozens of other combinations. (Management will deny any liability in case of a botched spell or missing limb.)
- More than 20 weapons to wield for hitting, cutting, shooting, hugging, burning, smashing, or knocking down more than 15 enemies—or friends. Just in case, you know… they get in your way. And if you want to hit harder, run faster, or be even more annoying to other players, there are nine almost-lethal items to choose from.
- Randomly generated dungeons for infinite replay value! You will never need to purchase another game. Ever. #MarketingDPTApproves
- Customized experience: choose player mode and game duration and let the back-stabbing, loot-grabbing, slaying, and betraying commence!