Following today’s surprise release of Guacamelee, Drink Box Studios and Pop Agenda have announced Guacamelee! 2 will be making its way to Nintendo Switch in December 2018.
No further details are available at this time.
Check out the announcement trailer and details below.
Brawling has never been more beautiful! The long-awaited sequel to the smash hit action-platformer is here: Guacamelee! 2 brings luchador Juan Aguacate out of retirement for a stunning new Metroidvania-style adventure, where he must face his greatest challenge yet – one that threatens to tear apart the very fabric of the Mexiverse!
Explore a huge, hand-crafted world inspired by Mexican culture and folklore, filled with sassy new villains and weirdos (and a few old friends!). Learn a deep repertoire of bone-crunching wrestling moves to fend off the skeletal hordes and overcome skillful platforming challenges… and who said anything about a Chicken Illuminati? Certainly not us!
Check out these features:
- Powerful New Moves – Eagle Boost, Rocket Kick, Pollo Shot and more add to Juan’s arsenal of combat and platforming abilities.
- Super Chicken – Tons of new powers for Juan’s chicken form. Ridiculous chicken-based platforming, combat and exploration. More chicken than you’ll be able to handle (probably).
- Vibrant, Deadly World – An epic, colorful adventure through the worlds of the living and the dead, across rifts in time and space — looking more gorgeous than ever thanks to a fancy new rendering engine.
- Lots to See – Bigger maps, bursting with secrets and optional content. Twice as many enemy types as the first game, and a roster of eccentric new bosses.
- New Upgrade System – Discover “trainers” from around the world, defeat their challenges, and upgrade your movement, combat, abilities, and more.
- Caliente OST – Soundtrack featuring new music from Peter Chapman and Rom Di Prisco – composers of the original Guacamelee! OST. Additional tracks from special guests Mariachi Entertainment System!
- 4-Player Co-op – Drop-in / drop-out 4-player local co-op through the entire story lets your best amigos join in anytime.