PopAgenda and Drink Box Studios have teamed up to release Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition on Nintendo Switch today.
The game will be available via Nintendo eShop starting today at 9am PST / 12pm EST. Watch the trailer and see the details below.
We are delighted to be working with @DrinkBoxStudios on today's release of Guacamelee! STCE on Nintendo Switch! Better yet, Guacamelee! 2 will be following in December! EXCLAMATION MARKS!!!! pic.twitter.com/HSSfIsbTTo
— PopAgenda (@PopAgendaCo) October 8, 2018
Carlos Calaca has kidnapped El Presidente’s Daughter, and he plans to sacrifice her in order to merge the World of the Living with the World of the Dead.
Juan Aguacate, an agave farmer who stumbles upon a Legendary Luchador mask, must find the strength and courage to become the Hero he’s always dreamed of being and put a stop to this.
Guacamelee! is a Metroidvania-style action-platformer set in a magical world inspired by traditional Mexican culture and folklore. The game features melee combat, parallel dimensions and same-screen co-op. The original Guacamelee! received wide critical acclaim and was a finalist for both IndieCade and the Independent Games Festival’s Excellence in Visual Art award.
- Non-Stop Fighting Action. An extensive move list, advanced combo engine, and anti-gravity grabs
- Multi-dimensional Platforming. Instantly swap between the Worlds of Living and Dead to traverse impossible terrain
- Combat moves double as movement, uniting platforming and fighting in a way never seen before
- Diverse, detailed world containing lively towns, dark forests, flowery canals and fiery volcanoes
- Drop in/out 4-Player local co-operative play, featuring independent dimension swapping
- Multiple boss characters (each with unique back stories), wide range of foes, and elite-class enemies
- Spectacular player abilities: The Rooster Uppercut, Frog Slam, and “Intenso” turbo-combat mode
- Create new custom costumes and share these with others via Steam Workshop
- Steam leaderboards, achievements and trading cards, support for multiple save slots, persistent cross-save-game costume unlocks
- Chickens. Lots and lots of chickens.
*** Please note that the ‘Super Turbo Championship Edition’ of Guacamelee! is an updated version of the previously-released Guacamelee! Gold Edition. ***