Last month, Nintendo revealed the International Museum Day event for Animal Crossing: New Horizons, an event where players complete a stamp rally in their island museum to commemorate the occasion.
As the event has since gone live in some parts of the world, the full details about how the event works are surfacing online. This includes how to complete the stamp rally, as well as the rewards you will receive for doing so.
If you’re interested in participating in the event, we have compiled a quick guide for how to do so below:
Activating The Event
- The event will run from May 18th to May 31st.
- Ensure that your system’s date and time matches that of the event (relevant if you time travel), and that your game is updated to the latest version.
- Connect to the internet to activate the event
- If the event was activated successfully, Isabelle will talk about it in the opening announcements.
Playing The Event
- Players can participate in the event by going to the museum and talking to Blathers.
- He will explain that players will have to collect stamps by going to different parts of the museum, each of the three original sections (Bugs, Fish, Fossils) will have stamps to collect.
- The Art section has no stamps to collect.
- Each section will have three stamp stations positioned randomly throughout the area (i.e. the Bug section will have three stations, Fish will have three, and so on).
- Once players have collected all nine stamps, they can return to Blathers to claim the following rewards:
- Bug Plaque ~ Three Bug Section Stamps
- Fish Plaque ~ Three Fish Section Stamps
- Fossil Plaque ~ Three Fossil Section Stamps
Repeating The Event
- Unlike the May Day event, the Museum Stamp Rally can be repeated every day until the event period is over.
- The positions of the stamp stations will be randomized each time.
- Unfortunately, the rewards you receive remain the same, and there do not seem to be any additional bonuses.
What do you think? Let us know in the comments.