To help users save battery, Nintendo created something called Low Latency mode for Nintendo Switch Online – Nintendo Entertainment System (NES) games.
Low Latency mode can be activated when starting an online match to play with or against other players in Nintendo Switch Online NES games. Here’s how you can activate/deactivate Low Latency mode:
- Start an online game from the NES – Nintendo Switch Online library.
- Open the Suspend Menu by pressing ZL + ZR*, then select “To Game Selection.”
- From the menu on the left select, “Settings,” then press the Y Button to turn on low-latency mode.
- This option is visible only after starting a game online.
- This setting will not be saved and will be turned off once you close your online game.
- To manually turn off this setting, press the Y Button again.
Keep in mind the button layout may differ from the instructions above if you’re playing with a single Joy-Con. Also it’s important to know that if you activate Low Latency mode to save battery, input delay will be reduced while playing online, but the setting may affect the games’ audio and visuals.