One of the new features added in Pokemon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl is Ramanas Park, a new facility that allows players to encounter and capture Legendary Pokemon from previous games.
Now that the games have been officially released, we now know a lot more about how Ramanas Park works, as well as how to go about capturing the various Legendary Pokemon found within. Below you will find a short guide explaining how to unlock the facility and how to meet and encounter all the Legendary Pokemon that can be found there.
Unlocking Ramanas Park
- Ramanas Park is unlocked after beating the game’s main story as well as obtaining the National Dex.
- The park itself can be found on Route 221 south of Twinleaf Town.
Unlocking Legendary Pokemon
- Legendary Pokemon can be unlocked by purchasing Slates from the shopkeeper in Ramanas Park.
- Each Slate is purchased using Mysterious Shards, which can only be found by mining in the Grand Underground.
- Slates cannot be traded, and will be used up regardless of whether the player manages to capture the Pokemon.
- When encountered, all Legendaries will have their Hidden Abilities if they possess them.
List Of Legendary Pokemon
- At the start, only the Discovery Room is available, where Regirock, Regice, and Registeel can be caught using the Discovery Slates.
- After catching all three Regis, the following rooms will be unlocked:
- Johto Room (Brilliant Diamond Only): Legendary Dogs Raikou, Entei, and Suicune can be encountered using the Johto Slates.
- Kanto Room (Shining Pearl Only): Legendary Birds Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres can be encountered using the Kanto Slates.
- Soul Room (Both Games): Eon Pokemon Latios and Latias can be encountered using the Soul Slates.
- Distortion Room (Both Games): The Distortion Slate allows players to challenge Giratina Origin Form. This Pokemon is Level 100, and cannot be captured.
- After catching the Legendary Dogs and the Eon duo in Brilliant Diamond, the Rainbow Room will be unlocked, where Ho-Oh can be encountered using the Rainbow Slate.
- After catching the Legendary Birds and the Eon duo in Shining Pearl, the Squall Room will be unlocked, where Lugia can be encountered using the Squall Slate.
- In both games, once the Eon duo and the Legendary Bird/Dog trio have been caught, the following rooms will be unlocked:
- Oceanic Room: Allows players to encounter Kyogre using the Oceanic Slate.
- Tectonic Room: Allows players to encounter Groudon using the Tectonic Slate.
- Stratospheric Room: Allows players to encounter Rayquaza using the Stratospheric Slate.
- Genome Room: Allows players to encounter Mewtwo using the Genome Slate.
- Players can earn the following special rewards in addition to capturing the Legendary Pokemon:
- Legendary Pokemon Statues for the Grand Underground Secret Bases
- Soul Dew for catching Latios and Latias
- Griseous Orb for defeating Giratina Origin Forme
- Many berries for defeating Kyogre, Groudon, and Rayquaza
What do you think? Let us know in the comments.