Need a new dose of scares to take on the go with your Nintendo Switch? You’ll soon be able to grab Arbitrary Metric’s award-winning horror epic for the system!
The Switch eShop has updated with a listing of Paratopic, which launches on 21 August 2020 for $5.49 USD. Sporting a PS1-era style, the game sees players in the shoes of three separate individuals with seemingly unrelated stories – until their world starts to unravel in strange and unsettling ways…
Check out an earlier trailer below, along with more details:
You got caught smuggling VHS tapes across the border, and now there’s hell to pay. You want to find an elusive rare bird in the forest and snap its picture. You have to kill a man in the back room of a shady diner.
This is Paratopic, an experimental first-person horror game named by Rock, Paper, Shotgun as one of the best games of 2018, and by FACT mag as having one of the top 10 soundtracks of the year.
• A narrative-driven horror-tinged adventure game that takes you on a journey through a cruel fever dream world.
• Cut between numerous detailed and varied vignettes to unravel how the stories of three separate characters intersect.
• Explore the detritus of forbidden industry, kill, drive through the night, find yourself in conversation with some very off-kilter individuals.
• A leisurely playthrough should take forty-five minutes, give or take, with plenty more to discover in the detailed, grimy low polygon environments. Or speedrun it, if you’d prefer.
• Over an hour of gorgeous dark ambient music is used to create our subtly dynamic soundscape. An anachronistic blend of modern and outdated production as glitches and textural pads meet synthesis & sampling akin to 1990s Unreal Engine soundtracks.
• Playable both in TV and handheld mode, experience a critically acclaimed short-form masterpiece at home or on the go. Take the horror with you.