Konami has announced an Indie Game Contest for Japan that challenges aspiring developers to create new games based on its classic IPs.
The contest is called the “Action & Shooting Game Contest”, and is being held in collaboration with Shueisha Game Creators Camp. Participating creators are tasked with creating their own action or shooting game based on 80 possible choices, including Gradius, Twinbee, Ganbare Goemon, and more.
The winner will be given a cash prize of 2 million yen, and will receive support from Konami to fully commercialize their game. Konami will invest up to 30 million yen into the winning project, and provide “supervision, production advice, localization support, promotion and development equipment”.
You can check out the promotional video and tweet about the contest below, and check out the website here for more details:
— 集英社ゲームクリエイターズCAMP (@camp_creators) September 30, 2021
Entry period: September 30, 2021 8PM – January 6, 2022 11:59PM (Japan Standard Time)
Grand Prize (one winner): 2 million yen + Grand Prize trophy
Outstanding Performance Prize (up to five winners): 57,300 yen + Outstanding Performance Trophy
Criteria for judgement:
– The game should radiate passion for the chosen genre and title, as well as convey a sense of innovation and the character of its creator.
– The content is judged to be feasible for development by the applicant or a development team including said applicant.
– The work must meet the application requirements and application rules.
– KONAMI Action & Shooting Game Contest Management Team
– Shueisha Game Creators CAMP” Management Team
What do you think? Let us know in the comments.