Alongside today’s big Nintendo Switch firmware update, Nintendo has pushed out an update for Mario Kart 8 Deluxe as well.
Besides adding video capture support, a few other changes have been made to Mario Kart 8 Deluxe’s gameplay. Check out the patch notes below for more info.
- Video capture compatibility added. Hold the Capture Button to capture up to 30 seconds of the previous footage.
- The system must be updated to Ver 4.0.0 or higher to use this feature.
- Now more difficult to float down using the glider when Smart Steering is ON.
- Blue Shells no longer hit the second place player when the first place player hasn’t yet crossed the finish line.
- Extended the invulnerability period after spinning out or crashing.
- Changes made to Online Play prior to Ver.1.2.1 now apply to Wireless Play and LAN Play as well:
- When further back in a race, will receive better items to help catch up to other players.
- No more than one Piranha Plant will appear at a time.
- Updating to Ver 1.3.0 will prevent users from Wireless Play or LAN Play with users on Ver.1.2.1 or lower.