It looks like Mario Kart Tour has taken pole position, just one week after its official launch.
Sensor Tower has released a new report of the mobile racing title, and things are looking peachy for the game. In particular, Mario Kart Tour has already hit 90 million unique downloads around the world after its first week on the market. This makes it Nintendo’s fastest mobile game launch in history so far (if one excludes Niantic’s Pokemon GO), with six times more downloads than Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp.
In terms of spending, the game fared a little slower with around $12.7 million in revenue so far. This puts it behind games like Fire Emblem Heroes.
Check out more details below, along with a comparison chart.
- 90 million unique downloads in its first week
- This makes it Nintendo’s fastest mobile game launch in its history
- Six times greater than the company’s second best launch, Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp
- United States accounted for 13.2 million downloads, or 14.7 percent
- This was followed by Brazil with 10.7 million, or 11.8 percent, and Mexico with 5.8 million, or 6.4 percent
- Mario Kart Tour has taken third place in terms of spending with $12.7 million
- Android has proven the most popular platform for Mario Kart Tour, picking 53.5 million downloads, or 59.5 percent
- The game generated 36.5 million downloads on iOS
- App Store players represented the majority of gross revenue spending $9.6 million, or 75.5 percent
- This is compared to Google Play users’ $3.1 million, or 24.5 percent
- This gives Mario Kart Tour a revenue per download of $0.26 on iOS, compared to $0.06 on Android
- United States lead the way in revenue, accounting for $5.8 million or 45.4 percent of the total
- Japan finished the week just behind with $4 million in player spend, or 31.3 percent
- France came third with $752k, or 6.4 percent