In a recent Famitsu interview, Game Freak director Junichi Masuda revealed the true reason why Pokemon Let’s GO Pikachu/Eevee lacks wild battles.
Masuda says the primary reason why they went with that decision is because they want to make it similar to Pokemon GO. He further explained that classic catching mechanics may be too difficult for some Pokemon GO Players, so Game Freak decided to simplify the process by introducing Pokemon GO catching mechanics.
As Game Freak director, Masuda takes responsibility for this decision. He even said that this decision was controversial among Game Freak staff.
Masuda also revealed a couple more details on the graphics and gameplay of Pokemon Let’s GO Pikachu/Eevee. Check them out below.
- It appears that the fishing minigame has also changed and now you waggle the worm.
- They need to keep trying new things for Pokémon or the gameplay will stale.
- They intend to continue experimenting with new gameplay styles and some of them may also generate the same kind of controversial discussions.
- They are open/listening to feedback, both positive and negative, for consideration for the future.
- When asked about the graphical style of Let’s Go, Masuda responded that he chose the style to be more fantasy like, not realistic, and so parents could more instantly recognise it as Pokémon, and a safe game, at a glance when peering in to check on their kids from another room.
- Pokémon CP are different in LGPE and in GO. A Pokémon with the same CP number in both games will be stronger in GO.