Hungry to relive the robotic battles of the Medabots series? Well, it looks like your chance to do so is coming soon to Switch!
Imagineer has announced Medabots Classics Plus for Nintendo Switch, with a launch date of 12 November 2020 in Japan. As per the series’ tradition, two physical versions (Kabuto / Kuwagata) will be available for 4,980 yen each. An “Advanced Edition” bundle costing 13,800 yen will also be available – and will include both physical versions, a box art memorial plate set, and a three-disc soundtrack (Medabots Navi, Medabots G, and Medabots Two: CORE).
The original Medabots Classics collections launched for 3DS in 2017, collecting five titles from the series. This enhanced port for Switch will include three more titles on top of that, for a total of these eight titles:
- Medabots (Game Boy, 1997)
- Medabots 2 (Game Boy Color, 1999)
- Medabots 3 (Game Boy Color, 2000)
- Medabots 4 (Game Boy Color, 2001)
- Medabots 5: Susutake Mura no Tenkousei (Game Boy Color, 2001)
- NEW: Medabots Navi (Game Boy Advance, 2001)
- NEW: Medabots G (Game Boy Advance, 2002)
- NEW: Medabots Two: CORE (Game Boy Advance, 2002)
Check out the official trailer below:
For now, it is unclear if the game will include any English support. We’ll report back as we hear more in the future.
In the meantime, you can find more details from the game’s official website over here.