Earlier, Nintendo revealed that a big Summer update would add diving mechanics, new characters, and more into Animal Crossing: New Horizons. However, it looks like there were also some small tidbits we didn’t exactly learn about!
The game’s Japanese website has updated with additional details about obtaining the new wet suits (required for diving) and also a new item for a Japanese holiday. Here are the highlights:
- Wet suits
- Visit Timmy and Tommy at Nook’s Cranny to get a wet suit for 3,000 Bells
- You can also trade in 800 Nook Miles to get a Nook Inc. wet suit in your mailbox
- Free snorkel after updating
- After the update, players will receive a free snorkel item in their mail as thanks for updating the game.
- It looks like the snorkel color might be random – either in red, yellow, or blue.
- Tanabata Festival
- A new bamboo wish tree seasonal item will be available to commemorate the Japanese festival Tanabata.
- You will be able to obtain this item for a limited time from Nook Shopping.
- It is unclear if this item will be Japanese-only
That’s it for now, we’ll report back when more of these details are confirmed, following the update!