Hungry for more classic-style platformers in the vein of the Castlevania series? Well, here’s one title you definitely want to keep your eyes on!
Metamorphosis Games has shared a new gameplay trailer for Gestalt: Steam & Cinders, which heads to Nintendo Switch and other platforms in 2020. The game sees players in control of the energetic Aletheia, as she digs up sinister secrets from the mysterious Steampunk city of Canaan!
Check it out below, along with more details about the game:
Inspired by 16 and 32-bit classics, Gestalt: Steam & Cinder fuses tight 2D platforming and exhilarating combat with an engrossing, twist-laden narrative in a stunningly handcrafted steampunk world.
Join Aletheia and a vibrant cast of characters as they find themselves embroiled in a race to discover the secrets of the massive, steam-powered city of Canaan, the last bastion of mankind. Unravel centuries-old conspiracies, battle hosts of monstrous automata and thwart the twisted schemes of the city’s corrupt overseers, the Comitium, as you fight for mankind’s survival and discover the dark truth of the Steam City’s origin.
● Mesmerizing Art – Traverse a vast and stunningly handcrafted steampunk world, from the thriving city streets of Irkalla to the sprawling Scrap Sea, all embellished with spectacular animations and gorgeous backdrops.
● Nuanced Combat System – Unleash Aletheia’s inner power, grow stronger, and engage in deep and varied combat, mastering a range of melee combos and ranged revolver attacks in uncompromising action.
● Riveting Narrative – Encounter a vibrant cast of characters and explore Canaan’s districts in an intertwining narrative filled with conspiracy-laden intrigue, NPCs, optional side quests, and choice-driven dialogue.
● Grow Your Skills – Gain experience and craft new abilities to tap into the mysterious power dwelling within Aletheia as you discover new areas, smash through secret paths and take on the Steam City’s toughest enemies.
● Shape Your Fate – Make decisions that will shape the fates of Aletheia and other characters you’ll meet along your journey.