A new LinkedIn listing by The Pokemon Company International suggests that the group might be embarking on their next mobile venture soon.
In particular, the company is seeking a new principle game designer – one whom has experience with Unity. This is particularly interesting, as the Unity engine was only used for Pokemon Trading Card Game Online on tablets. Therefore, it stands to reason that this project will most likely be running on mobile devices, as well.
Checkout the job description for yourself below:
What You Will Do
- Work with artists and designers to create a fantastic UI experience.
- Work with Product Management to define the ideal feature set for this game.
- Work with Producers to manage all the designers’ sprint tasks.
- Work with the Director of Gaming to define/enforce the vision for this game.
What You Will Bring
- 5 years or more experience in mobile\video game design
- 2 years or more experience as a Lead or Principal Game Designer
- UX/UI skills a plus
- Design management skills, a plus
- Experience with Unity a plus
In any case, it looks like another Pokemon series spin-off might be in the works now. We’ll be waiting to report back when we hear more.