Developer Ludosity has shared more details about the playable roster for Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl which promises to bring together many iconic Nickelodeon characters for a round of platform fighting action.
The details comes via an interview published by Gameinformer, where they sat down with Ludosity CEO Joel Nyström to discuss various aspects of the upcoming title. In response to questions about the roster, Nyström confirmed there would be around 20 playable characters at launch, mainly from Nickelodeon cartoons. He also confirmed that the game will receive additional characters via DLC.
Because it’s called “Nickelodeon” and not “Nicktoons,” can we expect any live-action Nickelodeon characters to show up? Will players see any All That characters or something from Are You Afraid of the Dark?
There are no live-action characters in our base lineup, and we are currently not looking at any for future characters either. You never know, but for now, we are focusing on cartoon characters. It fits in with the rest of the roster better, and we feel like we can go a little wilder in the moveset with them.
How many characters are you planning for the initial release of All-Star Brawl, and what are your plans for DLC characters and stages down the line? When might those show up post-launch?
At launch, there will be 20 characters, with 2 more following soon after. Additional DLC characters will be revealed after that. Stay tuned!
To recap, so far the following characters have been revealed for the game:
- Danny Phantom (Danny Phantom)
- Helga (Hey Arnold!)
- Leonardo (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles)
- Lincoln Loud (The Loud House)
- Lucy Loud (The Loud House)
- Michelangelo (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles)
- Nigel Thornberry (The Wild Thornberrys)
- Oblina (Aaahh!!! Real Monsters)
- Patrick Star (SpongeBob SquarePants)
- Powdered Toast Man (Ren & Stimpy)
- Reptar (Rugrats)
- Sandy Cheeks (SpongeBob SquarePants)
- SpongeBob SquarePants (SpongeBob SquarePants)
- Zim (Invader Zim)
- CatDog (CatDog)
- April O’Neil (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles)
- Ren & Stimpy (Ren & Stimpy)
- Aang (Avatar: The Last Airbender)
- Korra (Avatar: The Legend Of Korra)
- Toph Bei Fong (Avatar: The Last Airbender)
What do you think? Let us know in the comments.
[Update]: As of launch day, all 20 characters in the game’s starting roster have been revealed. These characters have been added to the list above.