During the month of April 2020, it looks like Nintendo continued to dominate the world of videogame advertising on TV!
According to VentureBeat’s figures, Nintendo was the most-viewed gaming brand on television from 1 April 2020 – 30 April 2020. This was despite fierce competition from Sony, which was pushing Final Fantasy Remake advertisements quite aggressively throughout the same 4-week period. Here’s a more detailed breakdown:
- Nintendo spent an estimated $6.5 million
- Nintendo aired 14 spots over 3,500 times, generating 518.3 million TV ad impressions
- The spot with the biggest placement budget was ‘My Way to Play: Gaming Together’ (seen below)
- Networks with the biggest spend included Nick, Cartoon Network, and Nick Toons
- Top programming included SpongeBob SquarePants, The Loud House, and the 2020 NFL Draft.
We’ll continue to follow-up on Nintendo’s ad push in future months. Stay tuned!