It looks like Nintendo continued to speed ahead in the world of television advertising – overtaking most of its competitors in the past month!
According to VentureBeat, Nintendo remained the most-viewed gaming brand on TV during from 16 February – 15 March 2021, with a whopping 509.3 million TV ad impressions that constituted 65% of the TV ad impressions for this time period. In second place was Sony with 239.1 million TV ad impressions, and in third place was GameFly with 13 million TV ad impressions.
In contrast, here’s how Nintendo fared:
- 509.3 million TV ad impressions generated by 25 commercials that ran over 3,400 times
- “Cat Prints: Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury” (seen below) was the most-seen spot with 103.7 million TV ad impressions
- This spot performed above average across all industries for aspects including watchability, likeability, relevance, and attention
- Top emotional responses from surveyed viewers included “nostalgic,” “wholesome,” and “exciting.”
- Networks generating high impression-counts for Nintendo included Cartoon Network, Nick, and Disney Channel
- Top programs included the SpongeBob SquarePants, The Amazing World of Gumball, and Teen Titans Go!
We’ll report back as we receive more advertising figures in the future. Stay tuned!