It looks like the Nintendo Switch and its games are still hot in the world of TV adverts!
According to VentureBeat’s figures, Nintendo was the most-viewed gaming brand on television from 1 March 2020 – 31 March 2020. Throughout the 4-week period, the company was responsible for a sizable 84.5% of the gaming industry’s spending on TV ads. Here’s a more detailed breakdown:
- Nintendo spent an estimated $14.6 million
- It was the only game brand which spent over $1 million in March 2020
- Nintendo aired 20 spots over 3,000 times, generating 793 million TV ad impressions
- The most costly spot (est. $2.6 million) was “Animal Crossing: New Horizons — Your Personal Island Paradise”
- Networks with the biggest spend included Nick, Adult Swim, and NBC
- Top programming included SpongeBob SquarePants, This Is Us, and The Loud House
We’ll report back if when we hear more about Nintendo’s ad push in future months. Stay tuned!