It looks like Nintendo has continued to take a backseat in the world of advertising videogames recently – even as one of it competitors surged forward.
The final figures for Nintendo’s TV advertising spending during July 2020 are now out. In particular, Nintendo remained the second most-viewed gaming brand on television throughout the month – while Sony took first place with 573.3 million TV ad impressions for titles such as Ghost of Tsushima.
Here’s a more detailed breakdown for Nintendo below, courtesy of VentureBeat:
- Estimated spend of $2.9 million on 15 commercials that ran over 2,600 times
- These ads generated 248.7 million TV ad impressions
- The spot with the biggest spend (est. $1.5 million) was “Put the World Back in One Crease,” (seen below) for Paper Mario: The Origami King
- Nick, Cartoon Network, and Teen Nick were the three networks with the largest outlays
- Top shows included SpongeBob SquarePants, The Loud House, and Teen Titans Go!
We’ll report back as we hear more in the future. Stay tuned.