Nintendo casually mentioned on Twitter that a new update for the console will allow users to create groups for their software almost 5 years after the system’s release.
Switch consoles that have been updated to 14.0.0 or higher will be able to use the new Groups feature to help organize their games.
The latest #NintendoSwitch update is now available, including a new feature to create groups for software on the console.
— Nintendo of America (@NintendoAmerica) March 22, 2022
Please note that groups are only available if you have 12 software titles on your Switch along with the following:
- The All Software menu and groups are only available when more than 12 software titles are saved on the Nintendo Switch system.
- Up to 100 groups can be created with a max of 200 titles per group.
- The same software title can be added to multiple groups.
Here are the full list of steps to use this feature from Nintendo Support’s page.
What to do
- Make sure your Nintendo Switch system has been updated to version 14.0.0 or later.
- From the Nintendo Switch HOME Menu, scroll all the way to the right and select All Software.
- Press the L Button to view your software by groups.
- The first time you create a group, you’ll get a popup where you can select Create New Group.
- After the first group has been created, click the + Button to create a new group.
- Check all software titles that you want to add to the new group, then press Next.
- Re-arrange the software titles as desired, then press Next.
- Enter a name for the group, then press OK.
- The new group will be added to the list of Groups.
Be aware that these groups won’t be visible on the main screen for the Switch but rather only when you head to the More titles section where you can hit L to see groups.
So it’s not quite as convenient as you might expect but still a step in the right direction.
What do you think about this update? Let us know in the comments.