Previously, we reported that Nintendo was steadily becoming a highly-view brand on television once again. Well, it looks like that hot streak isn’t cooling off anytime soon – as Nintendo dominated TV adverts in July!
According to VentureBeat, Nintendo maintained its advertising overdrive from 1 July 2019 – 31 July 2019. Throughout the month, the company was responsible for a sizable 60% of the entire gaming industry’s ad impressions. Here’s a more detailed break down:
- Nintendo spent an estimated $3.7 million on nine ads that ran nearly 2,200 times
- These ads generated 383.6 million impressions
- The commercial with the biggest placement budget (est. $900,787) was “Super Mario Maker 2: Level of Your Dreams”
- Nintendo prioritized spending across networks including Nick, Teen Nick, and Nick Toons
- Nintendo also prioritized spending during shows such as SpongeBob SquarePants, The Loud House, and iCarly
Overall, it looks like Nintendo was targeting a younger demographic with Super Mario Maker 2, despite the game already launching the month before. With the sales success of the title so far, we’d wager that it’s definitely working out for the company!
It’ll be interesting to see what TV adverts Nintendo will be pushing in the month of August. Stay tuned!