After months of playing second fiddle to the likes of Sony and Microsoft, Nintendo finally sped ahead in the race for eyes on its brand!
According to VentureBeat, Nintendo emerged as the most-viewed gaming brand on TV during from 16 January – 15 February 2021, with a whopping 307.3 million TV ad impressions that constituted 79.3% of the TV ad impressions for this time period. In second place was GameFly with 32.3 million TV ad impressions, and in third place was Sony with 18.2 million TV ad impressions revolving around NBA 2K21 adverts.
In contrast, here’s how Nintendo fared:
- 307.3 million TV ad impressions generated by 15 commercials that ran over 1,700 times
- “Cat Prints: Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury” (seen below) was the most-seen spot with 99.7 million TV ad impression
- This spot performed above average across all industries, ranking high for likeability and watchability in particular
- Top comments from viewers after watching the ad included “nostalgic” and “wholesome.”
- Networks generating high impression-counts for Nintendo included Nick, Cartoon Network, and CBS
- Top programs included the Super Bowl Kickoff Show, SpongeBob SquarePants, and The Amazing World of Gumball