Nintendo continued to press on with its TV advertising efforts this month, especially with the help of new experiences such as Mario’s latest AR-racing game!
According to VentureBeat, Nintendo emerged the second most-viewed gaming brand on TV during from during the month of October 2020. In first place was Sony, which captured 474.9 million TV ad impressions with ads related to sports games.
Meanwhile, here’s how Nintendo fared in comparison:
- Estimated spending of $8.2 million on 23 spots that ran 2,700 times, generating 394.3 million TV ad impressions
- “Imagination” TV commercial for Mario Kart Live Home Circuit (seen below) had the biggest spend (est. $2.2 million)
- SpongeBob SquarePants, The Loud House, and The Amazing World of Gumball were three of the top shows by spend.
- Top three networks by spend included Nick, Cartoon Network, and Nick Toons.
- Interestingly, the NFL (which Nintendo doesn’t traditionally air commercials on) was the fourth network by spend.
We’ll report back as we hear more in the future. Stay tuned.