While Nintendo continued to press on with its TV advertising efforts this past month, it appeared to be overshadowed by its competitors in the industry.
According to VentureBeat, Nintendo emerged the third most-viewed gaming brand on TV during from 16 December 2020 – 15 January 2021. In first place was Sony, which captured an impressive 425.7 million TV ad impressions with ads promoting the PlayStation 5. Meanwhile, Microsoft was in second place with 163.7 million TV ad impressions – which mainly stemmed from Cyberpunk 2077 advertising.
Meanwhile, here’s how Nintendo fared in third place:
- 159.9 million TV ad impressions from 887 airings of 20 spots.
- “My Way to Play: Minecraft Dungeons,” (seen below) was Nintendo’s most-seen commercial, with 28.7 million impressions.
- College football was the top programming driving impressions — a break from its usual family/kid-friendly focus.
- Top shows included Big City Greens and SpongeBob SquarePants.
- Top networks included Disney Channel, ABC, and Nick.