NPD’s Mat Piscatella recently published a blog about E3 2019, which paints a very bright future ahead for Nintendo.
Namely, the industry analyst praised Nintendo’s showings at the expo this year – seeing them as key factors in boosting Nintendo Switch sales even further. With the Switch already emerging as the best-selling console of 2019 in North America, Piscatella is expecting Nintendo to walk out of 2019 as the year’s best-selling software publisher overall!
Here are the highlights of Piscatella’s post:
- Nintendo Switch is the best-selling hardware platform of 2019 in the U.S.
- Switch is the only platform showing growth in the year.
- Nintendo spent its E3 highlighting the games that will continue to drive continued growth throughout 2019 and into 2020.
- e.g. Pokémon Sword, Pokémon Shield, Luigi’s Mansion 3 and Animal Crossing: New Horizons.
- Expect Nintendo to finish as the year’s best-selling software publisher.
Do you agree with NPD’s analysis? What best-selling games from Nintendo are you looking forward to this year? Let us know in the comments section below.