Last year, Tribute Games unveiled Panzer Paladin was in development – although release platforms were not revealed at the time. Well, we’re happy to report that Switch players will be able to enjoy the action game on the move when it launches later this year!
The developer has confirmed that the game will indeed be hitting Nintendo Switch, with a release window of Summer 2020 presently. As reported previously, the platforming title sees players pilot a giant knight mecha or going on foot as its adorable pilot squire – while fighting through more than 100 types of enemies!
Check out more details below:
The sight of giant swords blazing through the night sky might be hair-raising, but stand your ground! The sinister Ravenous and his legions of brutal demons are poised for battle. Even all the armies of the world can’t stop them, but humanity has one final ace in the hole: a cutting edge power armor called Paladin.
It’s now up to the strong-willed android named Flame to become a Squire, take control of the Paladin and track down all Weapon Keepers and their diabolical leader. The showdown between mankind’s highest technological prowesses and the powerful forces of the occult has begun!
Seize weapons from the denizens of the Netherworld and dish out a taste of their own medicine! Show them the power of cutting edge technology combined with swordsmanship. Slash, bash and thrust your way through a series of mind-blowing levels located around the world, all of it rendered in glorious 8-bit graphics! Hop in your Panzer Paladin and take up arms!
- An engaging action-platformer with fun and intuitive swordplay!
- Take control of the mighty Paladin power armor or eject and play as the small but swift Squire pilot!
- Robots meet demons! Crush the forces of the occult with the power of cutting edge technology!
- Over 100 melee weapons to seize from enemies!
- Use weapons profusely: wield, throw, or shatter them!
- Snap a weapon in half to cast a powerful spell!
- Slash, bash and thrust your way through 17 mind-blowing levels located around the world!
- Carefully crafted 8-bit graphics like you remember them!
Here’s a quick look at its prototype gameplay from last year, if you need to catch up: