Totally in love with puzzle games? Well, soon you’ll be able to literally romance some in this upcoming dating sim!
Publisher Skymap and developer Rude Ghost confirmed at PAX East 2020 that their latest game Pixel Puzzle Makeout League will be making its way to Switch in the future. The story sees players falling in love with superheroes based on crossword, sudoku, chess and jigsaw puzzles – while solving Picross-style challenges to progress the plot!
Check out an official trailer below, along with a quick synopsis:
Picross meets dating sim in this romantic comedy adventure!
You are Pixel Girl, a superhero with the power of “pixel puzzle-solving.” Turn your problems into picross, then solve ’em to save the day!
Join the Puzzle League and date up to four of your fellow puzzle-themed superheroes, before the Villain third-wheels you with his doomsday plot!
- Dating sim meets puzzle game in this comedy/romance superhero adventure
- Join and date the Puzzle League: a group of 4 superheroes based on crossword, sudoku, chess and jigsaw puzzles
- Over 100 pixel puzzles to solve: your superpower makes puzzles a part of the narrative
- An overarching supernatural plot weaving in multiple dates with each character
- Exotic date locations: a café, the library, mountain climbing and the center of the earth?!
- Twists, turns, thrills, chills, puzzle fun, and puzzle puns! It’s not over until the ending!
- D A T E A G I A N T P U Z Z L E P I E C E
Meet the league
- Sudoku: the most logical of the group, magical girl outfit was made by a friend
- Chess: careful planner, but tends to think in black-and-white
- Pixel Girl (that’s you!): surrounded by cuties and blessed with the power of attraction
- Crossword: rarely gets cross, always has a way with words
- Piecea: an alien from the Puzzle Planet who wants to get handsy with you… wait…