Following the announcement of official Bidoof Day, Niantic has revealed some special events for Pokemon GO to celebrate the occasion.
Starting from July 1st, a wide variety of Bidoof related events will be running in Pokemon GO, such as the Bidoof Breakout Event, a Bidoof Cup tournament, and more. You can check out the full details below, as posted on Pokemon GO Live:
Bidoof! Bidoof! Bidoof doof doof. Bidoof…Bidoof! Bidoof.
Date + Time
Thursday, July 1, 2021, from 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. local time
- Features that are available throughout the Bidoof Breakout event will be available on Bidoof Day.
- Bidoof will be appearing more often in the wild, in raids, and in encounters after you complete event-exclusive Field Research! If you’re lucky, you might encounter a Shiny Bidoof! Our preliminary research suggests that the rate at which Bidoof will be appearing in the wild will increase over the course of the event.
- On certain days of the event, Bidoof you encounter will know attacks that they normally cannot learn. On Thursday, July 1, 2021, from 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. local time, you can use a Charged TM to teach Bidoof any of these attacks. After the event, you can use an Elite Charged TM to do the same. During each of the times listed below, you can encounter Bidoof that know the following attacks.
- Shadow Ball: From Friday, June 25, 2021, at 10:00 a.m. to Saturday, June 26, 2021, at 11:59 p.m. local time
- Thunderbolt: From Sunday, June 27, 2021, at 12:00 a.m. to Monday, June 28, 2021, at 11:59 p.m. local time
- Ice Beam: From Tuesday, June 29, 2021, at 12:00 a.m. to Wednesday, June 30, 2021, at 11:59 p.m. local time
- Evolve Bidoof anytime during the event to get a Bibarel that knows Hyper Beam.
- Team GO Rocket has plans to cash in on the Bidoof Breakout and have turned more Bidoof into Shadow Pokémon, so get out there and save those Bidoof!
- You’ll be able to get Bidoof Gift stickers from spinning PokéStops and opening Gifts.
- Bidoof will be appearing in the wild at an incredibly high rate! Bidoof will also be the only Pokémon you can challenge in one-star, three-star, and even five-star Raid Battles! If you’re lucky, you might encounter a Shiny Bidoof! Mega Raids will not be available during this time.
- Bidoof caught during this time will know Superpower, and you’ll be able to use a Charged TM during the event to teach Bidoof Ice Beam, Shadow Ball, or Thunderbolt. After the event, you can use an Elite Charged TM to teach Bidoof Ice Beam, Shadow Ball, Superpower, or Thunderbolt.
- Team GO Rocket Grunts will have Shadow Bidoof on their teams more often. Get out there and save those Bidoof!
- The Bidoof Cup will be available in the GO Battle League throughout the day! Only Bidoof will be eligible in this cup, and teams of only Bidoof will be allowed. The Master League, the Master League Classic, and the Element Cup will still be available during this time.
- Complete a free event-exclusive Special Research story for special rewards! This will be the first Special Research in which you’ll make choices that’ll affect the research’s story and some parts of your event experience!
- Complete the research to earn an exclusive Bidoof Hat avatar item.
- 4× Catch XP
Bidoof! Bidoof…Bidoof…Bidoof…doof…let’s G— BIDOOF!
What do you think? Let us know in the comments.