It looks like the Pokemon GO train is far from running out of steam!
According to Sensor Tower, the mobile AR game is estimated to have grossed more than $3 billion USD since its release in 2016. Its momentum hasn’t exactly slowed down either, with the game having earned around $774 million up till October 2019 already – which is close to overtaking 2018’s total earnings of $816 million!
Check out the full details below:
- Average revenue per download of nearly $5.60
- Total gross revenue over the years:
- $832.4 million in 2016
- $589.3 million in 2017
- $816.3 million in 2018
- So far in 2019, the game has grossed $774.3 million
- In August 2019, The Team Rocket update helped drive approximately $110 million in player spending
- In September 2019, the game generated $126 million in gross revenue
- In October 2019, the game has grossed an estimated $67.8 million (so far)
- The United States accounts for $1.1 billion, or 36.2 percent of total lifetime revenue
- Japan accounts for $884.5 million, or 29.4 percent
- Germany accounts for $181.6 million, or 6 percent
- Google Play users have spent the most in Pokémon GO, accounting for over $1.6 billion, or 54.4 percent
- the App Store has generated nearly $1.4 billion, or 45.6 percent, in revenue
- Downloaded approximately 541 million times worldwide
- The U.S. accounts for 99.3 million unique installs, or 18.4 percent of all downloads
- Brazil has generated the second most downloads with 58.4 million, or 10.8 percent
- Mexico comes in third with 34 million downloads, or 6.3 percent
- Android devices account for the vast majority of downloads, driving 424.6 million unique installs, or 78.5 percent of the total
- the App Store has generated 116 million downloads, or 21.5 percent
What do you think? Are you or your loved ones still enjoying Pokemon GO? Feel free to share your thoughts with us below!