Recently, the Pokemon Company opened a new Pokemon Sword And Shield related website for Japan called “Dynamax Camera“, which is apparently hiding some juicy new details about the upcoming games.
Dynamax Camera is a website where fans can upload images from their mobile phones, and add in select Pokemon from Pokemon Sword And Shield with a Dynamax effect. As of this writing, there are over 50 different Pokemon to choose from. A few of these Pokemon (e.g. Aegislash, Ribombee, Sableye) had not been seen in other Pokemon Sword And Shield promotional media, and were thus confirmed for the game’s Galar dex in this manner.
More interesting however was the discovery of “codenames” for several of Pokemon Sword And Shield‘s new Pokemon hidden in the website’s code. As shared by abcboy101 on Twitter, these codenames may hint at unannounced details pertaining to these Pokemon, which we have taken the liberty to summarize below:
– Scorbunny: Usagi1
– Sobble: Chameleon1
– Grookey: Gorilla1
– Yamper: Inu1
– Rolycoly: Sekitan1
– Wooloo: Wool1
– Corviknight: Gcommondori3
– Alcremie: Gcream2
– Morpeko: Pospika
– Polteageist: Teacup2
— abcboy (@abcboy101) September 20, 2019
- The numbers behind the codenames seem to indicate the evolutionary stage of the Pokemon (if it has one), implying that Alcremie and Polteageist are actually the final forms of a 2-stage line, while Corviknight is the final form of a 3-stage line.
- Since Polteageist is labelled “Teacup” perhaps that is what its pre-evolution is.
- Yamper, Rolycoly and Wooloo have a “1” behind their codenames like the Galar Starters, suggesting that these three Pokemon are also able to evolve.
- Morpeko has no number behind its codename, suggesting that it has no evolution at all.
- Sobble is labelled as a “Chameleon” while Grookey is labelled as a”Gorilla”, suggesting that these will be what their final evolutionary stages will be.
- Alcremie and Corviknight have a “G” in front of their codenames possibly to represent “Gigantamax“.
That said, we caution Nintendosoup readers to take this info with a grain of salt. We will be sure to report back if these theories turn out to be true, or if more such hidden details are discovered.
What do you think? Let us know in the comments.