One of the cult classics of the metroidvania genre is finally heading to Nintendo Switch!
Mediascape just revealed that Rabi-Ribi will be hitting the Japanese Switch eShop on 17 October 2019 – for 2,700 yen. The release will support multiple languages such as Japanese, English, Spanish, French, German, Korean, and Chinese.
Rabi-Ribi originally launched for the PC in 2016, and follows the adventures of Erina – a rabbit turned into a rabbit girl. In order to restore her back to normal, players will have to venture through a massive world with 9 main regions, over 40 boss battles, and much more!
Check out the Switch announcement trailer below, along with further details.
There never quite seem to be enough bunny girls in the world, so here is another for you aficionados out there.
This 2D side-scrolling exploration platformer follows the adventure of Erina, whose humdrum life as a regular rabbit is turned upside-down when she finds herself in an unknown world and turned into a human (with rabbit ears)!
Along the way she meets the cheerful pink-haired fairy, Ribbon, who mysteriously chooses to stay by Erina’s side.
These unwitting heroes embark together on their quest to restore Erina’s life to normalcy, but who knows what troubles lurk, waiting for them…
- Retro exploration platformer featuring a bunny girl.
- Four-plus difficulty settings for all types of players, over 60 items and upgrades.
- Nine-plus main areas and 20-plus sub-areas to explore.
- 20-plus fully illustrated characters with cutscene illustrations.
- 40-plus boss battles, 1,000-plus attack patterns with Boss Rush Mode to fight some or all of them in a row.
- Post game story and content with speedrun mode which takes out every section of the game where the player cannot control the main character.
- 50-plus pieces from an original soundtrack.