Following numerous Pokemon related leaks that have happened in 2020, an early prototype of Pokemon Let’s Go Pikachu And Eevee has allegedly leaked online.
Originally released in 2018, Pokemon Let’s Go Pikachu And Eevee served as a reimagining of the original Generation I Pokemon games with the inclusion of Pokemon GO-like mechanics and simplified gameplay. They were met with an overall mixed reception from fans, who were critical about the game’s lower difficulty and many removed features compared to typical mainline Pokemon titles.
More recently, an early prototype for Let’s Go Eevee was apparently leaked on 4chan. This prototype sheds some interesting insight into the games’ development, suggesting that they were originally planned to be more difficult, as well as hinting at cut content such as breeding.
A detailed analysis of the leak’s contents can be found via Twitter user Lewtwo, who posted their findings in a series of posts that can be found here. Alternatively, you can check out a summary of the key tidbits below:
- Date of the build is 18 May 2019, six months before the games’ official launch.
- Leaked files show off early screenshots and early music tracks that were either altered or scrapped before the final release.
- Opening cutscene is slightly different in the prototype compared to the final release, including a short scene where the player wakes up with a Pikachu doll.
- Scrapped dialogue suggests that Red was originally planned to have a much bigger role in the story, with the player meeting him as early as Pewter City.
- There was a cut story event involving a chase for the Fossils in Mt Moon right after meeting Blue (and Red), but this is not viewable in the prototype build.
- Scrapped dialogue also suggests that breeding and eggs were planned to be included in the game at some point, but was cut before the final release.
- Prototype suggests the games’ difficulty was lowered before the final release, with key trainers have much higher levelled or additional Pokemon:
- “Giovanni’s whole team are 7 levels higher than the final, whereas Lance’s got lowered by 5 on launch. Towards the middle of the game, some trainers like Sabrina have less Pokemon, such as her Jynx being gone.”
What do you think? Let us know in the comments.